Data management encompasses all measures implemented to support the use of data as a resource. The purpose of data management is to manage and supply accurate and timely data to business processes. Major disciplines in Data Management include data integration, data quality, Master Data Management, etc.
Talend provides a broad range of solutions, integrated within a unified platform, to cover all major data management needs:
Data Integration Solutions
Talend's open source data integration solutions cover all data integration needs, for organizations of all sizes. The broad range of data integration needs addressed by the Talend solutions includes:
- Operational data integration: in most organizations, operational data integration is addressed by implementing custom programs or routines, completed on-demand for a specific need. Data migration and data synchronization are the most common applications of operational data integration.
- Data migration: when upgrading to a new version of a database or application, or when switching to a new system, data needs to be preserved in the new system. The purpose of data migration is to transfer existing data to the new environment. It needs to be transformed to a format suitable for the new system, while preserving the information present in the old. Learn more about how Talend's solutions address data migration.
- Data synchronization: many cases exist in the information system where data is managed separately by multiple applications or databases, yet needs to be kept consistent between these systems. The need for data synchronization can either be permanent (synchronization between operational systems), or temporary, for example during a migration. Data synchronization includes all the processes that maintain data in sync between the applications and databases. Learn more about how Talend's solutions address data synchronization.
- ETL for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing: the ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) processes are the most critical - and value added - components of a Business Intelligence infrastructure. While mostly invisible to the user of the BI platform, ETL processes retrieve the data from all operational systems and pre-process it for the analysis and reporting tools. The accuracy and timeliness of the entire BI platform relies indeed on the ETL processes. Learn more about how Talend addresses ETL for BI and analytics.
Data Quality Solutions
Talend's data quality solutions address an entire variety of quality needs, ranging from the data profiling and discovery to the most comprehensive quality management and cleansing. It includes for example:
- Data Quality in Customer Relationship Management: a CRM system is only as good as the information within it. Customer data should be duplicate-free and ready to help you build better rela tionships. It should enable future up-sell opportunities and be ready for reaching your customers. Turn to Talend Data Quality to help manage name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other information assets that make your CRM system more effective.
- Data Quality in Data Warehouse: Data quality is critical to data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. Better informed, more reliable decisions come from using the right data quality technology during the process of loading a data warehouse.
- Data Governance: Data governance is a combination of people, processes and technology that drives high-quality, high-value information. When properly managed, accurate information drives business efficiency. Technology offered by Talend can help an organization maintain and managing corporate data.
Master Data Management Solutions
Talend MDM allows organizations to easily model and master any reference data, in any domain without constraints. The unified data management platform unites data integration, data quality, maste
r data and data stewardship all through a single development and runtime environment.
- Mastering Transactional Reference Data: day to day operations of the contemporary enterprise are driven by a set of critical, operational data. Typically, we think of this data as customer and product data, but there are more. Every industry has this supporting transactional data that ultimately contributes to the core objectives of any company, increased revenues and decreased costs.
Mastering this data is difficult. It resides in multiple sources. Ownership of the data presents political challenges and it is typically a moving target, often changing. Learn more about how Talend addresses Master Data Management.